GPMA0180 RV-4 .40 Sport Kit
- Easy interlocking balsa and plywood construction, with built-in thrust angles and a wing that assembles flat on die-cut tabs.
- Wings are one-piece, all wood
- Spacious radio compartment allow easy radio gear installation and quick fuel tank access.
- White ABS plastic cowling and wheel pants.
- Crystal-clear butyrate canopy.
- Cockpit features a triangle roll-over bar and tandem instrument panels.
- Fixed, pre-formed aluminum main landing gear.
- Dual aileron servos for precision and authority.
- The wing can be built with or without flaps. The kit slows well for easy landings either way.
- Generous package of Great Planes hardware includes rod-in-tube pushrods for smooth control surface operation.
- Reinforced nylon Adjustable Engine Mount fits any 2- or 4-stroke engine within the recommended range.
- Warranty: Great Planes Model Manufacturing Company guarantees this kit free from defects in both materials and workmanship at the date of purchase.
- All wood to construct the airplane, pushrods, prebent aluminum main landing gear, 3/32" tailwheel wire, nylon adjustable engine mount, hardware package, ABS plastic cowling and wheel pants, clear canopy, decals, photo-illustrated instructions, full-size rolled plans.
- Engine: .40-.52 (6.5-8.5cc) (2-stroke)
OR .48-.70 (8.0-11.5cc)(4-stroke)
- Muffler: Pitts-Style is recommended so that the muffler will be concealed inside of the cowling.
- Radio: 4-5 channel (5-channel with 7 servos for optional flaps)
- Servos: 5-7 40 oz-in torque minimum
(2-ailerons, 1-elevator, 1-rudder, 1-throttle)
(2-for optional flaps)
- Servo extension 6": 4 (for flaps and receiver)
- Servo extension 12": 2 (for ailerons)
- Y-harness: (1-for aileron servos) (1-for optional flap servos)
- Misc. Items: (2) 2½" main wheels, (1) 1" tailwheel, 2¼" spinner 10 oz fuel tank, glow plug, ¼" foam rubber padding, 3' medium fuel tubing, fuel filter, propeller, building and field equipment.
- Wingspan: 54.65" (1388mm)
- Wing Area: 631.6 sq in (40.8 sq dm)
- Weight: 5.75 - 6.25 lb (2.6-2.8 kg)
- Wing Loading: 20.9 - 22.8 oz/sq ft (64.1 - 69.7 g/sq dm)
- Length: 49.6" (1260mm)
- Airfoil: semi-symmetrical, Low-Wing, Selig 8036
- Center of gravity: 3¾" (95mm) back from the wing's leading edge at the fuselage sides.
- Control Throws- Low Rate High Rate
- Ailerons: Up & Down ½" (13mm) ¾" (19mm)
- Elevator: Up & Down ¼" (7mm) 5/8" (16mm)
- Rudder: Right & Left 7/8" (22mm) 1-1/16" (27mm)
- Flaps: Down ½" (13mm) 1" (25mm)
- Engine down thrust: 2°
- Wing: positive 2°
- Stabilizer: 0°
We Also Recommend