GPMA0160 Piper J-3 Cub .40 Size Kit
- Nearly all balsa construction for easy finishing
- Includes all parts and instructions to build either the standard or aerobatic "clipped wing" version
- Exact scale outline is taken from original Piper 3-view drawing
- Top quality Great Planes hardware
- Realistic "barndoor" ailerons instead of strip ailerons found on most Cubs
- High quality shaped balsa leading edge, pre-notched for wing ribs
- Scale wing struts, landing gear fairings, dummy engines for both sides of the cowling, numerous decals as well as many "how-to" tips for creating additional scale details
- SEMI-SYMMETRICAL AIRFOIL
- Detailed instruction booklet and plans
- 1/8" wire landing gear, hardware package, all balsa and plywood to build the kit, ABS plastic cowling with dummy engine, full size rolled plans, photo illustrated instruction manual with plan reference, decals, clear butyrate canopy and side windows.
- Radio: 4 channel w/4 mini servos (or 3 mini servos and Electronic Speed Control)
- Motor: Speed 600 size or Speed 600 size with gear drive system
- Battery: 7-Cell (8.4V NiCd) at least 1700mAh
- Charger: for 7 Cell Batteries (Peak Charger Recommended)
- Covering: Two 6 foot rolls and matching paint for cowl
- Misc items: two 2" Ultralite wheels, one ¾" tailwheel, 1/16" and 1/8" wheel collars, foam Rubber, 1/6 scale pilot, assorted building and field equipment.
- Wingspan: 76.5" (standard version)
61.5" (clipped wing version)
- Wing Area: 820 sq in (standard)
653 sq in (clipped wing)
- Weight: 6.5-7.5lbs
- Length: 49"
- Center of Gravity: 3-5/8" to 4-3/8" back from the leading edge
- Wing Loading: 18-21oz/sq ft
- Degrees Incidence: Engine Thrust: 2° RIGHT 0° DOWN
- Stabilizer: 2.5°
- Wing: 2.5° (flat bottom is 0° to engine)
- Control Throws Each Way: High Low
- Elevator: 1-1/8" 5/8"
- Rudder: 1-3/8" 1"
- Aileron: ¾" UP ½" UP
- 11/16" DOWN 7/16" DOWN